This directory contains games for the Acorn Archimedes.
- bunbro.ddc [14-Nov-1995]
- The Bungle Brothers, written for the the BBC Micro and
released into the public domain.
Ported to the Archimedes in BBC BASIC 5 by J.J.Farmer.
- dragon.zip [14-Feb-2004]
- Dragon Adventure, a simple text adventure for players
aged 9 and over, by William Stott.
(a Z-code version is in games/zcode/dragon.zip, and
a Glulx version is in games/glulx/dragon.zip)
- dungeon.spk [11-Jun-1997]
- Dungeon, the more or less public domain version of the
original MIT Zork, version 2.7A, 11-Mar-91,
ported to the Archimedes by Julian Arnold.
(the original C source code is in
- frankie.zip [04-Mar-2004]
- Frankenstein Adventure. Originally published in the Cload
TRS-80 magazine, October 1981 (author unknown), and
converted to Inform by William Stott.
(a Z-code version is in games/zcode/frankie.zip)
- great_adventure.zip [27-Oct-1995]
- The Great Adventure, by Gordon Pickard
- kryten98.zip [20-May-2005]
- Kryten 98, by Robert Titman. Play as Kryten from Red Dwarf
as he tries to find the missing crew.
- ptt.spk [27-Oct-1997]
- Prehistoric Time Trip, version 2.00, by David Lodge.
A series of three text adventures.
- schaos.arc [15-Dec-1995]
- Spheres of Chaos, by Chris Grant (Spark archive)
"another simple single-tasking Arc adventure of the old
school. As such games go, this is quite good."
- secret_garden.zip [27-Oct-1995]
- The Secret Garden, by The Sleeping Sphinx
- world.spk [11-Jun-1997]
- World version 1.07 by J. Doug McDonald,
ported to the Archimedes and enhanced by Julian Arnold
(a DOS version is in games/pc/world107.zip;
an Amiga version is in games/amiga/World_1.07.lha;
a Macintosh version is in games/mac/World107.sit;
source code of the DOS/Unix version is in